Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Humans Make Good Snacks!


Devour
Author: Kurt Anderson
Publisher: Pinnacle
Publication Date: 5/31/16




I just had the fun of reading Devour by Kurt Anderson.

Now, those who know me know that I love books where giant chompy things decide that humans make the best snacks and this is a good one.   I try not to divulge the exact nature of our chompy things in my review.  I’ll just say that this is big.  Very, very big.  And very, very hungry.

Anderson does a bit of a slow build up in this one.  While you get a bit of blood in the beginning of the book, Anderson spends a bit more time developing his characters.  You have to wait for the majority of the action.  But when it comes, it comes in spades.  The body count is high.  Bullets fly.  Teeth gnash.  And you’ll grab your popcorn and race through to the end of the book.

So, kind of a slow start, but once things get going, you’re in for a wild and bloody ride.  I hope the author brings us more chompy things in the future!


·         ARC Provided by Netgalley.

No comments:

Post a Comment